Saturday, February 27, 2016

p.s. The red-winged blackbirds have arrived

I was over at my friend Nikki's house the other morning, having a nice chat and sharing a mug of Golden Milk (google it, amazing stuff) and she was laughing at me because I said I really was hoping that it wouldn't snow any more this winter.  "You're really setting yourself up for some disappointment!" she chortled.  But I just want to say this: the red winged black birds have arrived.  Red Winged Blackbirds are a sure sign of spring in the Colorado Rockies. So there.  Spring is coming,... hurray!
At the Dog Park in Carbondale, where we first spotted Red Wing Blackbirds...

See those black dots in the top of the tree? Those are red wing blackbirds.  Look at all that snow against the house!

Spring! A time for dump trucks!

Spring! A time for sledding doggie walks!

Awwww. Love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment