Sunday, December 9, 2012

Life....


Christmas Lights
Getting the tree
Christmas season is upon us... the kids are amped up on sugar, with visions of gifts dancing in their heads.  The tree has been up in our house for two weeks, but the lights have yet to be put on.  The lights are in a lump, in the bag I shoved them in when I took them down last year.  There are MANY burnt out bulbs and entire strands that are tangled and faulty.  I can't seem to bring myself to go through those damn lights and find and replace the faulty bulbs.... the kids have been asking every night if we can light up the tree and always. always. we run out of time.  I'm tempted to throw the whole mess away and start from scratch.  But then I think of that ocean of plastic floating in the pacific and I can't bring myself to chuck it.  HELLLLP. I'm drowning in Christmas lights.  Last night, instead of untangling the mess, I drank a bottle of wine (thanks Suie!).  I drank the wine because I found a lump (!) on my left breast the other day and I've been in a bit of a panic.  I thought the wine would mellow me out.  And it did. Beautifully. :0)))))  I'm going in on Monday for a mamogram and whatever else.... it turns out that many people find lumps on their bodies that aren't cancerous.  Who knew?  I've been obsessively feeling the lump and yes, I wasn't imagining it.  I don't think I gave the proper sympathy, support and/or encouragement to my friends that have gone through the cancer battle.  I honestly didn't think it would happen to me.  Lesson learned.  Next time I hear of a friend that is battling cancer, I'll be more supportive, encouraging, sympathetic.  There is, indeed, a lump on my body. Damn!  Wish me luck on Monday!  Oh, and happy holidays (Holidaze).

No comments:

Post a Comment