Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pet Vacation

The dog jumped off the deck today to chase the neighbor's cat.  The deck is one story up, bonehead.  I'm glad she didn't get hurt.  It's actually my Mom's dog, whom we are caring for while my Mom is out of town (for two weeks).  A few days ago it got into the puppy's food and then got sick (in a bad messy way) all over the house, two dog crates and, by far the worst, all over the interior of my car.  Yuck.

The cat spent the morning in the chicken yard, trying to hunt down a nice fat little Starling, similar to the one it caught yesterday during lunchtime, brought into the house through the kitty door and then let go to fly around the kitchen/dining area amidst our lunch.  The Starling finally ended up in Adi's room where I cornered it and got it to fly out a window.

My Mom attempted to shave the puppy, but only got halfway through before her clippers malfunctioned.  Now our matte of a puppy is a 1/2 shaved tangled mess.  He looks ridiculous.

Peep, the littlest chicken, has an impacted crop.  She spent all last week on our kitchen counter (in an animal carrier mostly).  I administered lots of apple cider vinegar/olive oil treatments with added crop massage.  I thought it was better, but upon inspection today, she seems to be "ballooning up" again.  Darn.

My Mom's dog is not only very interested in cats, but would love to chase a chicken too.  Having them both in the house, along with our cats, has proven to be very stressful.

To wrap it up, I guess what I'm saying is... I need a pet vacation!


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you have a blog! Love it. Hang in there with the pets! They will love you up tomorrow and you'll forget all about it.

    ReplyDelete